Time for a soak

At long last Isaac Oliver is complete. I bound off and wove in all the ends yesterday and started blocking first thing this morning. This project has been on the needles for such a long time, and I am so happy to have it finished [You can find all of the yarn and pattern specifics here]. There will be more photos to come, but here are a few of the blocking process.

This was a great pattern to work I and I am very happy with the over piece, though I did make a few mods along the way:


•When I reached the underarms I placed 21 stitches on waste yarn to make the sides symmetrical.

•I changed the sleeve cable to make it more symmetrical and end up with 21 underarm stitches.

Once I completed the rib I worked to following four-row repeat:

1: p1, k1, work double moss for 14 sts, k2, p1, slip 4 stitches to cable needle and hold behind, k 4, k 4 from cable needle, p1, slip 4 to cable needle and hold in front, k4, k4 from cable needle, p1, k2, work double moss stitch for 14 sts, k1.

2-4: work in pattern

•I changed the collar, as I really loved the look of this collar.

[Worked flat] RS: sl1, k4, work 1x1 rib to end of round, pick up 5 sts into the purls created by the first 5 k sts. Turn work. First and last 5 sts worked in garter st. Remaining sts worked in 1x1 rib. After 8 garter ridges on RS I worked a button hole on the first 5 sts [k2, bo2, k1]. When you reach this point on the return [WS] co2 using the backwards loop method. Work another 8 ridges and a final button hole. work a final 2 ridges before casting off on RS.

#myprojects

Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.